A Vacancy exists for Experienced Entrepreneurial Dynamic Sales Representatives to grow sales and manage existing customers in predetermined parts of Western Cape sales areas for Grinding Techniques, a well-known manufacturer of abrasives products and part of the Tyrolit group of companies.
• Research, develop, manage and drive implementation of account plans in order to maximise current business and the development of new business opportunities and growth. These plans should contribute directly to the Grinding Techniques Sales Plan.
• Take full accountability for the achievement of revenue streams, profitability and volume growth and other key performance areas/indicators for direct accounts in the portfolio.
• Responsible for effective negotiation, management and administration of contractual obligations, pricing and other administrative requirements of accounts in portfolio. Seek opportunities to reduce the cost of doing business with customers and for development of sustainable partnerships.
• Minimising and management of potential channel conflict, with the ultimate goal of eliminating conflict in this channel.
• Develop processes to measure, track, report and communicate account performance in order to ensure specific focus, and utilising these processes to monitor trends, achievements and performance against targets.
• Develop reporting and monitoring mechanisms highlighting competitor, both local and international, activities, highlighting market movements to Sales and Management.
• Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis on existing and potential customers as part of the sales process.
• Conduct cold calling at new/potential customers along with a focused growth strategy at the existing customers in the allocated sales area.
• Analyse market potentials, track sales and status reports.
• Meet and exceed sales budgets (volume & revenue).
• Actively manage the debtor’s book for the allocated sales portfolios.
• Establish, promote and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
• Ensure adherence to company policy and procedures.
• Servicing and further development of existing customer base.
• Participation/representation at open days/trade shows with the ability to conduct physical product demonstrations.
• Comply with the company’s planning, reporting and customer management structures as determined by management.
• Adherence to the company price list and discount structures as determined by management
• Assisting with the Annual Stock Stake which may be conducted over a weekend.
• Where applicable, ensuring that stock and expenditure is controlled within agreed limits and that procedures are adhered to.
• General tidiness of allocated office space and vehicle
• Any other duty which may be assigned to you from time-to-time.
• General Housekeeping and Administration associated with the position and work space.
The successful applicant must have:
• A Technical Qualification and/or 5-7 years proven sales experience in a technical field
• Must have a valid driver’s licence
• Must be willing to travel.
• Knowledge of the abrasive industry would be an advantage.
• Excellent Communication Skills, both Verbal and Written
• Strong Negotiation Skills
• Must be MS Office literate (Intermediate to Advanced)
• CRM Management, Call Planning and Sales Reporting.
• Resilient, resourceful personality/character.
• Conflict management.
• Strong business acumen.
• Entrepreneurial flair with excellent time management skills.
The successful applicant should preferably reside in the Southern Suburbs and or Surrounding areas, and must also be a self-starter with the ability to prioritise, formulate and execute business plans. Ability to function as part of a team as well as individually is critical. Integrity, credibility, trustworthiness and professionalism are non-negotiable.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.